– Blizzard announced that its hit real time strategy game StarCraft be getting remastered. It will be called, well, StarCraft Remastered no less and is due out this summer for PC.
– Overwatch’s new and 24th hero is the robot tank Orisa, who fights with a “fusion driver,” or a projectile machine gun.
– It has since been removed but at one point the website for Alex Malaos, a Greek actor and voice actor, was voice acting a character called “Greek” for Overwatch.
– Blizzard’s Mike Morhaime just dropped a major hint during the Activision-Blizzard Q4 Earnings Call for an Overwatch television series sooner rather than later.
– Thanks to a change in the way Blizzard’s WoW tokens work, players can now farm World of Warcraft gold and apply it towards credit for Overwatch loot boxes, Heroes of the Storm character unlocks and Hearthstone cards.
– Overwatch director Jeff Kaplan states that Blizzard objects to the use of mouse and keyboard on consoles and have contacted first-party console manufacturers to ban these devices.
– Watch out! Blizzard doesn’t like cheats! Bossland is a company that makes cheats for video games and more famously, Overwatch cheats.
– A day after actor Terry Crews posted on his social media accounts asking if his fans would want to see him cast in the role of Overwatch’s Doomfist, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has weighed in.
– A post on the official Overwatch forums contains statements from dozens of players claiming that they’ve been banned for using illicit hacks.
– In a Reddit post, Terry Crews has expressed interest in voicing Doomfist in Overwatch!