Gaming headlines include: Gen 2 makes its way to Pokemon Go, a pizzeria vigilante, and big news from E-sports broadcasting! Plus, It’s happened once, it’s bound to happen again…violence and murder in VR, is it safe? Continue reading
– Riot Games has announced a major new partnership with MLB Advanced Media subsidiary BAMTech (and yes, that’s MLB as in Major League Baseball) that will “push the boundaries of the esports viewing experience.”
– A new Nintendo patent hints at what could be VR support for its upcoming handheld/console hybrid, the Nintendo Switch.
– “Super Mario Run,” Nintendo’s first-ever game for the iPhone, has already generated more than $5 million in revenue during the first 24 hours after its release Thursday.
– On top of planning a “Suicide Squad” sequel and spinoff centered on Will Smith’s Deadshot, the studios are now working on an all-female DC villains movie headlined by Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn.
– Valkyria Revolution, formally known as Valkyria: Azure Revolution, will be available in North America and Europe in Q2 of 2017. Check out the gameplay here!
– The alt-right is boycotting the movie, spending the last month tweeting #DumpStarWars and encouraging their followers to skip the film when it opens this weekend.
– A video game industry insider has revealed how he helped track down a “troll” who had threatened to leak his company’s secrets.
– It’s just under two months since the United Nations gave Wonder Woman the role of ‘Honorary Ambassador for the Empowerment of Women and Girls,’ but the superhero is already out of the job.
– Do you always believe in what the internet says?